Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm Back!!

It has been nine months since I last posted a blog (sounds like I'm in confession).  Life has been very busy and I needed to take some time off from many things, including blogging.  I started this blog after being laid off from my job of ten years.  I thought I would have nuch more available time on my hands to start new things, but life seemed to be twice as busy with no job than when I was working.  My daughter started highschool and even before school started, I became her taxi driver and personal assistant.  I found out quickly that highshool students have busy schedules and that means that parents have to make themselves available at a moments notice!

Then in October, my aunt became ill and was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer.  My life suddenly became dedicated to taking care of her.  Between being with my aunt and taking my daughter back and forth bewteen school and where she needed to be, there was no time for any of my activites.  Sadley, my aunt passed away six weeks after she was diagnosed.  It was sad to lose her but it was good knowing she was no longer suffering.  After she passed, life was dedicated to taking care of all her matters.  I never knew just how much is involved with the loss of a family member. It is a very stressful situation!

After all that had been taken care of, I focused on my new career. I had deciced to become a substitute teacher and after many months of waiting for my school district to open the position, I finally got hired! Now I am still waiting for my first call from a school to work.  It has been two weeks, but I have been told that this is a slow time for subs to work.  Well, that at least gives me some time to start blogging again!! The good news is, through out all that I have been through in the last nine months I have still managed to stay away from meat!!!  I wish I could say the same for my husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment