Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project: Food Budget Week 8


Week: May 22-May 28
Budget: $ 120
Spent: $ 189

This has been another busy week for me.  I am posting this a few days late, but I guess it's better late than never.  This week I went way over budget!  However, it was expected since last week I didn't do any shopping at all.  I needed to restock just about everything since I had to use everything in the pantry just to get through last week.  So if you consider that I should have spent $120 last week and $120 this week, I'm really under budget after all. 

I started this week's shopping at Whole Foods.  I am only buying things there that I can not get at my local grocery store.  I try for a budget of $30-$40 for each trip.  This week I spent around $50, but I bought some extra stuff that I had been looking for.  And I also had lunch from the salad bar while I was there, not on the list, but it was good!

From Whole Foods, I went on to my local grocery store and completed my shopping there.  Unlike other weeks, I was not prepared with my weekly coupons (another reason I blew the budget).  I usually keep them in my bag, but I had removed them and forgot to put them back.  Oh well, I guess you can't always be prepared.  I spent a long time in the store trying to get all that we needed without going too much over budget.  That wasn't easy!!

This week's lesson learned: skipping shopping trips will only lead to a very long trip for the next visit and always try to be prepared. 

On This Week's Menu:
Veggie Tacos
Sloppy Joes
Tofu Scramble
Homemade Pizza
Veggie Picadillo
Southern Greens with Beans

This Week's Participating Blogs:

Emily Levenson
Veggie Converter
Dairy-Free Cooking
Motor City Girl In the Steel City
Veggie Burgher
The Happy Cactus
Test Kitchen Tuesday
Newly Vegan
Veggie on the Cheap
MeloMeals: Vegan For $3.33 A Day
Caroline Cain Holistic Health
Going Veggie
Under The Apple Tree
Be the Change

No comments:

Post a Comment